Monday, March 22, 2010

Random Cuteness

I have not abandoned my blog. Really.

To me a very important part of living any dream is learning to enjoy the journey toward a goal. Closely related to that is learning to enjoy the journey of daily life. You know, take time be still, stop and smell the roses, and all that?

Well, part of my daily journey to work takes me through some beautiful farmland - crops growing, cattle grazing, the bounty of the earth...ahhhh. I love it. One thing I especially love is seeing the cows. Cows have a very high cute factor. I can scarcely see one without feeling a bit mushy and having to suppress a silly impulse to talk with a higher pitched voice than usual. Kind of like when you see a baby animal. Baby cows? Don't even get me started.

Anyway, it is almost a guarantee that every day as I drive to work I will see at least one cow adding exponentially to it's cuteness by slowly rubbing it's head back and forth across the barbed wire of the fence. I can sense the deep satisfaction of the feeling of a really good scratch exuding from that animal and it's all I can do to keep myself from stopping my car right then and there, traipsing in my skirt and dress shoes through the ditch that separates the pasture from the highway, and giving that cow a hearty scratch and a big hug.

It's a lovely little moment I get to relish virtually every day. Thank you, cows.

I'd love to hear about some of your favorite little moments of the day. Let's share some warm fuzzies.

No comments: